Toronto Cat Rescue is currently seeking a part time Bookkeeper / Administrative Assistant to help with our busy cat rescue and volunteer centre. To find out more about Toronto Cat Rescue, please visit our website at torontocatrescue.ca
Ideally the successful candidate will work 4-5 days per week, 4 hours per day, but not more than 20 hours per week. Additionally, up to 8 weeks of unpaid time off may be made available throughout the year if desired.
Our Volunteer Centre is located at 4229C Dundas Street West, Etobicoke. Having a car or living in the neighbourhood makes getting to and from work easiest.
You have a soft heart for homeless cats, and can work in an environment where cats are present some of the time. You like working with volunteers. You love details and paperwork. You’re flexible, and like to help out wherever you can, while still covering your key duties. You can lift a few pounds, to move around cat food or t-shirts on occasion, and can walk up and down stairs. You might even take care of a few cats now and then.
Key Bookkeeping Duties include:
- Daily accounting processes, bringing monthly close to trial balance, and year end close
- Accounts payable processing
- Semi monthly payroll preparation, T4s, records of employment
- Government remittance calculations and timely remittance of HST rebates
- Monthly reporting requirements
Key Office Administration Duties include:
- Organize office operations and processes
- Create and update records and databases with financial, donor and other data
- Daily mail processing
- Prepare deposits
- Keep auditable records
- Process donations, tax receipts and thank yous
- Assist with Volunteer Centre operations
- 3 years minimum comparable experience bookkeeping and office / clerical support for a similar type of charitable organization or non profit
- Accounting designation not required but post secondary education in Accounting / Finance is preferred
- Familiar with Quickbooks Online
- Proficient in Google Suite (gmail, gdocs, gsheets specifically)
- Excellent time management and ability to multitask
- Proactive, with a strong desire to learn new skills
- Punctuality and professionalism
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Effective working alone and in a team
- Ability to work within tight timelines
Please apply by October 12, 2018 to email@example.com with your resume and cover letting telling us how your skills and experience best match this job.
Thanks for your interest in Toronto Cat Rescue. Only those asked to an interview will be contacted.