Transport Volunteers Needed!
Have you been thinking about volunteering but are not able to commit to a set schedule? Do you have a car and few spare hours per month? Do you love cats, love to drive or even just want a good excuse to get out of the house? Do you need somebody to talk to that won’t judge you, tell your secrets or comment on your bad singing while you drive? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking volunteer cat chauffeurs across the GTA and Kitchener/Waterloo. TCR does not operate a shelter, so we rely on foster homes (many of whom do not have cars) to help us save lives. This is great for the cats as they don’t have to live in a cage until they get adopted, but it is not so great for us when the cats have places to go and people to see.
Being a cat chauffeur is easy. You will be placed on a distribution list, and when transportation is needed everybody on that list will receive an email with the pertinent details. You can raise your hand for whichever drive you want to do according to your schedule. Generally drivers are needed for the following:
· Picking up the cats and kittens that TCR is rescuing from possible euthanasia at local shelters. If we can’t find a driver to get them out of the shelter quickly we may not be able to save their life.
· Providing transportation to/from vet appointments.
· Providing transportation to/from retail adoption centers and special events.
· Delivering cages and other supplies to adoption events.
· Picking up donated supplies.
Although the cats will never criticize your driving, they would appreciate if you had a valid driver’s license and were over the age of 18. You must supply the vehicle. Apply to become part of a fun and dynamic group today!