Volunteer: Seeking Store Coordinators
Thanks to the generosity of numerous pet stores, Toronto Cat Rescue is able to feature our foster cats in different locations in Toronto, the GTA, and Kitchener. We are actively seeking volunteer Store Coordinators for five locations. We hope you join our team of dedicated cat lovers!
• Primary liaison between the store and TCR foster coordinators
• Work closely with the store manager to ensure that a positive relationship is maintained
• Ensure the store has required supplies on hand (contracts, brochures, donation boxes, etc)
• Ensure the cats/kittens are being cared for appropriately and they are being kept in a safe environment
• Troubleshoot issues with the store such as missing adoption paperwork and fees, food/litter supply issues, staff/volunteer conflicts, etc.
• Coordinate and organize special events /adopt-a-thons at the store (cage delivery and set up, volunteer coverage, etc)
• Primary contact if the cat needs medical attention or removed from the store for any reason
• Ensures that cats/kittens in the store are registered properly on the TCR List and profiles have been posted. Any discrepancies should be brought to the attention of the foster coordinator(s).
• Liaise with foster coordinators about the movement of cats in to and out of the store and ensure store is informed of any changes.
• Communicate with the Store Volunteer Coordinator to let them know of movement of cats in or out of store including adoptions, staffing needs, etc
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong communication and conflict management skills
• Self-starter and able to work with little direction
• Daily frequent access to email and phone
• Ability to use or learn Gmail and Google Drive
• Space to store approximately 4-6 folded down dog crates plus additional adopt-a-thon supplies (will be supplied by TCR)
• A car (or regular access to one) to deliver adopt-a-thon supplies to the store (approx. 4-5 times a year)
• Ability to visit the store at least twice a month.
• Ability to lift 30 lbs
• Over 18 years of age
If you have any questions or would like to apply for the role, please fill in the form below: