Halloween Feline Reminders:
1. NO Halloween candy for your fabulous felines, it will make them really sick. If you want to treat them, give them their favourite cat friendly snacks or catnip. Read more: Chocolate Toxicity in Cats and Dogs / For a gross Halloween cat themed treat for people, make a Kitty Litter cake!
2. Keep your cats indoors on the week leading up to Halloween, and of course on Halloween night itself – crazy things are known to happen! If you are already making the smart choice of keeping your kitties inside, let your neighbors know to keep their cats inside and start a “neighborhood watch” for the local friendly kitties who are most at risk.
3. If kitty is dressing up this Halloween, please share a picture on Toronto Cat Rescue’s Facebook page – we would love to see!
Note: The lovely cat pictured in our “Happy Halloween” graphic is Eiryn – adopt her today!
Join us on Saturday, October 29th (10am – 6pm) and Sunday, October 30th (10am – 5pm) at PetValu at 4242 Dundas St W. (map) for a Halloween & Toronto Cat Rescue Adopt-A-Thon! It is a fabulous opportunity to meet lovely TCR kitties outside of their foster homes. $99 adoption fees per cat or kitten!
There will also be a Best Dressed Pet Costume Contest and a Microchipping Clinic taking place in-store: cat adoptions $20 microchipping / walk-in $30 microchipping.
Update: 17 kitties adopted from the adopt-a-thon!
Cosmopawlitan Pet Boutique + Spa is hosting a spook-tacular event benefiting Toronto Cat Rescue on Sunday, October 30th – noon to 4pm. Free to attend!
FEATURING: Pet Costume Contest @3:00pm
Other festivities include:
– Professional photographs by Leash Out Photography
– Pet Fur Colouring and Mohawks
– Ghoulish goodies for pets and their people