Always Have A Valentine – 365 days of the year!
Like most cat lovers, you probably consider your cat as a member of your family and already have developed a deep bond. Bonding with another being, whether human or four-legged, is one of the best feelings in the world. The unique bond between cats and humans is awesome to behold and even more incredible to experience. Each day brings new pleasures, just by living side-by-side with your beloved companion.
Below are some easy tips on how to grow closer to your cat:
– Greet your cat face to face and exchange scents by patting your kitty.
– Keep your hands out of the way with a nervous cat until she has relaxed (especially if you are unsure if human hands have always been a loving presence in her life… not all cats are lucky). Touch is very important – remember to be gentle.
– Give your kitty short, but frequent bouts of attention to keep both of you fresh and keen for contact.
– Use your cat to relax after a hard day at work or vigorous activity. Stroking slows the heart and lowers blood pressure.
– Chat your worries away and confide your secrets – your cat will never tell and is sensitive to your moods as well.
– Enjoy a loving cuddle to restore self-esteem and a feeling of calm.
– Indulge in giving kitty the odd treat for no reason and revel in the feedback you get!
– Provide kitty with a warm, safe bed (if she is not already using yours). Did you make or purchase a kitty bed that is not being used? Move the location – remember the location is key.